Event Recap: Deepening Critical Mineral Supply Chains in the Western Hemisphere
Silverado Policy Accelerator and Principal to Principal's Supply Chain Task Force hosted a half-day forum on Tuesday exploring opportunities to deepen critical mineral supply chains in the Western hemisphere. The event featured senior government officials, industry leaders, and policy experts discussing policy and private-sector approaches to securing supply chains for the critical minerals that underpin economic and national security objectives in the region.
A full recording of the forum is available here.
The first panel of the day featured government officials discussing public-sector approach to supply chain security. The panel included:
- Amos Hochstein, Special Presidential Coordinator, Int'l Energy Security & Infrastructure Investment
- Daniel Watson, Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for the Western Hemisphere
- Sara Cohen, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Canada
- Minister Adrián Nador, Embassy of Argentina
- Eric Farnsworth, Vice President, Council of the Americas (Moderator)
The second panel included senior business leaders, who discussed private-sector efforts to secure critical mineral supply chains. The panel featured:
- Stacy Hastie, CEO, U.S. Strategic Metals
- Victoria Peacey, Chief of Staff, Rio Tinto Copper
- Greg Bowman, Chief Innovation Officer & VP, Siemens Government Technologies
- Tanya Skilton, Director of EV Critical Minerals Purchasing, GM
- Kristi Rogers, Principal to Principal (Moderator)
Silverado's CEO and Executive Director Sarah Stewart also delivered a presentation addressing the current state of critical mineral supply chains in the Western hemisphere, highlighting opportunities for the U.S. and its regional partners to decrease their dependence on China for critical mineral supply. Stewart's remarks built on a new analysis conducted by Silverado exploring how the new Americas Partnership for Economic Prosperity (APEP) can help secure critical mineral supply chains in the region.
To received updates on Silverado's upcoming events and and initiatives, please sign up for email alerts here.
Trade and Industrial Security