Friday Policy Wine Down - August 26, 2022
GEOPOLITICS: In a new episode of the Geopolitics Decanted podcast, Silverado’s Co-Founder & Executive Chairman Dmitri Alperovitch discusses the impact of Ukrainian drone strikes on Russian military facilities and logistics in Crimea with Michael Kofman (Research Program Director in the Russia Studies Program at the Center for Naval Analysis). Dmitri also shares his theory on the Russian masterplan for the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant.
GEOPOLITICS: Silverado’s Co-Founder and Executive Chairman Dmitri Alperovitch was interviewed by CNN’s Bianna Golodryga to discuss the war in Ukraine and the situation at the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant.
GENERAL: Clerkship and Internship openings! Silverado is pleased to announce openings for a Law Clerk, Graduate Research and Policy Intern, and Graduate Research and Communications Intern.
Here’s what caught our eye this week:
KEY ADMINISTRATION ACTIONS
The White House:
- Readout of President Biden’s Call with President Zelenskyy of Ukraine
- Executive Order on the Implementation of the CHIPS Act of 2022
- FACT SHEET: President Biden Signs Executive Order to Implement the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022
Department of Commerce:
- Commerce Department Launches CHIPS.gov for CHIPS Program Implementation
- United States to Host Indo-Pacific Economic Framework Ministerial
Office of the United States Trade Representative:
- United States and Chile Convene 9th Meeting of the Environmental Affairs Council Under the U.S.-Chile Free Trade Agreement
Department of Defense:
Department of Justice:
- Global Shipping Container Suppliers China International Marine Containers and Maersk Container Industry Abandon Merger after Justice Department Investigation
Department of State: