Friday Policy Wine Down - February 4, 2022
A snapshot of the past week in cyber, trade, and environmental policy news.
02/04/2022 | Silverado Policy Accelerator
Here’s what caught our eye this week:
Key Administration Actions
- Statement from President Biden on House Passage of the America COMPETES Act
- White House Proclamation: A Proclamation to Continue Facilitating Positive Adjustment to Competition From Imports of Certain Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Cells (Whether or Not Partially or Fully Assembled Into Other Products)
- Fact Sheet: Biden Administration Tackles Super-Polluting Methane Emissions
- Statement from President Biden on United Nations Security Council Meeting
Office of the U.S. Trade Representative:
- Statement from Ambassador Katherine Tai on the Passage of the America COMPETES Act
- United States and European Union to Resume Trade in Live, Bivalve Shellfish
Department of Commerce:
- Statement from U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina M. Raimondo on House passage of the America COMPETES Act
- What They Are Saying: Industry and Labor Leaders Agree: America COMPETES Act is Essential Step Forward
- Online Press Briefing with Anne Neuberger, Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Tech
- The U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 4521, the America COMPETES Act on a 222 to 210 vote.
U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission:
House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis:
- CYBER: Silverado’s Co-Founder and Executive Chairman Dmitri Alperovitch appointed to DHS’s new Cyber Safety Review Board
- CYBER: "How Russia Has Turned Ukraine Into a Cyber-Battlefield" by Dmitri Alperovitch in Foreign Affairs
- CYBER: "The Case for Cyber-Realism" by Dmitri Alperovitch in Foreign Affairs
- ECOSEC: Silverado's Co-Founder and Chair Maureen Hinman participated in the Aspen Institute's Winter Forum. Read Maureen's thoughts and reflections on the forum here.
- TRADE & ECOSEC: Silverado’s Executive Director Sarah Stewart moderated a panel at the 2022 Washington International Trade Conference on “How Trade and Trade Policies Can Help Achieve Climate Goals"