Friday Policy Wine Down - June 17, 2022
A snapshot of the past week in cyber, trade, and environmental policy news.
06/17/2022 | Silverado Policy Accelerator
UPCOMING EVENT: Silverado Leadership and Service Forum: Portraits in Public Service and & National Security; Plan Your Summer Intern Watch Party here.
ECO²SEC: Analysis: Circular Economy and Critical Minerals in Electrical and Electronic Products.
GEOPOLITICS: Silverado’s Co-Founder and Executive Chairman Dmitri Alperovitch speaks with Dr. Sergey Radchenko on Conversation Six regarding the future of the Ukraine War.
CYBERSECURITY: Silverado's Co-Founder and Executive Chairman Dmitri Alperovitch delivered a keynote speech on global threats at last week's RSA Conference.
Here’s what caught our eye this week:
KEY ADMINISTRATION ACTIONS
- FACT SHEET: President Biden to Galvanize Global Action to Strengthen Energy-Security and Tackle the Climate Crisis through the Major Economies Forum on Energy and Climate
- Readout of Healthcare Cybersecurity Executive Forum Hosted by National Cyber Director Chris Inglis
Office of the United States Trade Representative:
- Statement from Ambassador Katherine Tai on Groundbreaking Fisheries Outcome
- Statement from Ambassador Katherine Tai on an Intellectual Property Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Department of Defense:
Department of Treasury:
Department of Justice:
Department of Energy:
Department of State:
- U.S.-EU Joint Press Release on the Global Methane Pledge Energy Pathway
- Minerals Security Partnership Established Among Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Sweden, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the European Commission
U.S. International Trade Commission:
Senate Finance Committee:
House Homeland Security Committee:
- Upcoming Hearing: Securing the Future: Harnessing the Potential of Emerging Technologies While Mitigating Security Risks
House Foreign Affairs Committee:
- Upcoming Hearing: Global Efforts to Encourage a Sustainable Blue Economy
- Hearing: U.S. Efforts to Support European Energy Security
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations:
- Upcoming Hearing: NATO Enlargement: Examining the Proposed Accession of Sweden and Finland
- Menendez, Graham Introduce Comprehensive Legislation to Overhaul U.S.-Taiwan Policy
House Committee on Energy & Commerce:
- Upcoming Hearing: Legislative Hearing to Strengthen Energy Infrastructure, Efficiency, and Financing
House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis:
- Upcoming Hearing: Cutting Methane Pollution: Safeguarding Health, Creating Jobs, and Protecting our Climate
- Hearing: State Perspectives on Cutting Methane Pollution
House Committee on Science, Space, & Technology:
Senate Armed Services Committee:
House Armed Services Committee:
- Upcoming Markup: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023