Friday Policy Wine Down - August 12, 2022
A snapshot of the past week in cyber, trade, and environmental policy news.
08/12/2022 | Silverado Policy Accelerator
INDUSTRIAL SECURITY: Read Silverado’s statement on the signing of the CHIPS and Science Act into law.
GENERAL: Meet Zoe Stilphen, one of Silverado's summer policy interns, who has been supporting Silverado's work in the Eco²Sec pillar.
Here’s what caught our eye this week:
KEY ADMINISTRATION ACTIONS
The White House:
- Remarks by President Biden at Signing of H.R. 4346, “The CHIPS and Science Act of 2022”
- Bill Signed: H.R. 4346, the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022
- FACT SHEET: CHIPS and Science Act Will Lower Costs, Create Jobs, Strengthen Supply Chains, and Counter China
- Statement by President Biden on Senate Passage of the Inflation Reduction Act
Department of Commerce:
Office of the United States Trade Representative:
Department of Defense:
Department of Energy:
- Biden-Harris Administration Launches $675 Million Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Program to Expand Domestic Critical Materials Supply Chains
Department of State:
- Secretary Blinken Statement on Passage of the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022
- Signing of U.S. Instruments of Ratification of Finland and Sweden’s NATO Accession Protocols
- $89 Million in New U.S. Humanitarian Demining Assistance for Ukraine
United States Senate:
- The United States Senate passed the Inflation Reduction Act on Sunday, August 7 in a 51-50 vote. The House is expected to vote and pass the measure today, August 12.
U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission:
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, & Transportation: