Internship Opening: Research and Policy Intern
Silverado Policy Accelerator is accepting applications for its Research and Policy Internship for the Fall of 2022.
Silverado is a new bipartisan, non-profit policy organization dedicated to advancing American prosperity and global competitiveness in the 21st century. We use a dynamic policy accelerator to cultivate, incubate and accelerate novel policy solutions to challenges in the related fields of cybersecurity, trade and industrial security, ecological and economic security (Eco²Sec), and great power competition. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.silverado.org.
The Graduate Research and Policy Intern will be integral to Silverado’s team. The intern’s responsibilities will include conducting policy research and data analysis to support Silverado’s current initiatives, contributing written material for Silverado’s reports and website, and providing logistical support to Silverado’s team. The position requires an in-person commitment of 15-20 hours per week through the fall, with the possibility of remote work if necessary. Precise start and end dates for the internship are flexible but begin as soon as possible and continue through the end of the year. The internship may be extended for an additional semester if mutually desired. The position offers interns $15/hr.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from, a graduate program in public policy, international trade, cybersecurity, economics, or a closely related field.
- Experience with data analytics software and producing data visualizations, especially in Microsoft Excel, preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in one of Silverado’s policy areas.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- A keen understanding of the legislative and regulatory policy process is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Silverado is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to building an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications that reflect a variety of backgrounds based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, political ideology, and veteran status.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.