Friday Policy Wine Down - August 19, 2022
A snapshot of the past week in cyber, trade, and environmental policy news.
08/19/2022 | Silverado Policy Accelerator
CYBERSECURITY: Silverado’s Co-Founder and Executive Chairman Dmitri Alperovitch participated in a discussion with the Honorable Susan Gordon and Former CISA Director Chris Krebs on Ukrainian cybersecurity and military success against Russia during the Cyber Initiatives Group’s Summer Summit.
GEOPOLITICS: Silverado’s Co-Founder and Executive Chairman Dmitri Alperovitch was interviewed by the Washington Post to discuss the future of Russia’s operations in Kherson, Ukraine.
GENERAL: Clerkship and internship openings! Silverado is pleased to announce openings for a Law Clerk, Graduate Research and Policy Intern, and Graduate Research and Communications Intern.
Here’s what caught our eye this week:
KEY ADMINISTRATION ACTIONS
The White House:
- Remarks by President Biden At Signing of H.R. 5376, The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- By the Numbers Memo: The Inflation Reduction Act
Department of Commerce:
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo Statement on Signing of Inflation Reduction Act
- Commerce Implements New Multilateral Controls on Advanced Semiconductor and Gas Turbine Engine Technologies
Office of the United States Trade Representative:
- United States and Taiwan Commence Formal Negotiations on U.S.-Taiwan Initiative on 21st Century Trade
- Statement by Ambassador Katherine Tai Following Congressional Passage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
Department of Energy: