Webinar: Electric Vehicle and Lithium-Ion Battery Supply Chains
Experts from Silverado Policy Accelerator and the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) discussed the U.S. supply chain for electric vehicles (EVs) and lithium-ion batteries. The webinar featured a discussion of the EV supply chain from intermediate inputs (cathodes, anodes, electrolytes, and separators) through batteries (battery cells and packs) and final products (EVs and EV chargers). The conversation also covered recent research by USITC staff and the most recent developments in U.S. sales, production, trade, and investment. The webinar was a follow-up to Silverado's previous webinar with USITC staff in March, which covered the value chain for critical minerals (i.e., cobalt, nickel, lithium, and graphite) that are key upstream components of the EV battery supply chain.
- Adina Renee Adler, Deputy Executive Director, Silverado Policy Accelerator
- Andrew David, Senior Director of Research and Analysis, Silverado Policy Accelerator
- Simon Adhanom, International Economist, USITC
- David Coffin, International Economist, USITC
- Samantha DeCarlo, ITA Chemist, USITC
- Jeff Horowitz, International Economist, USITC
A full recording of the event is available here and slides at the link above.
Trade and Industrial Security